Shoulder and Knee Arthroscopy
Total Joint Replacement
Dr. Benji Miller is a board eligible orthopedic surgeon who treats musculoskeletal conditions resulting from injury, overuse, and arthritis. He has special interest in arthroscopy and total joint replacement.
Dr. Miller hails from Hamilton, Alabama, a small rural town in northwest Alabama. He was drawn to medicine from his early interactions with his family physician, and later became very interested in orthopaedics and specifically sports medicine from his love of sports.
He attended Freed-Hardeman University in Henderson, Tennessee where he received a Bachelor’s in Biology. While in college, he lettered in golf. He spent one year of graduate training in rural and community medicine at the University of Alabama prior to entering the University of Alabama School of Medicine where he earned his Doctor of Medicine in 2008.
Dr. Miller continued his education at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences where he performed his orthopaedic residency. As a chief resident he received the Dr. Carl L. Nelson Leadership Award as chosen by the faculty.
He completed a Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy fellowship at the Mississippi Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center in Jackson, Mississippi. While in training he worked alongside experts in shoulder, hip, and knee arthroscopy, as well as shoulder and knee total joint replacement. He was fortunate to work with very well respected physicians in the field of sports medicine including Dr. Buddy Savoie, an elbow and shoulder specialist, Dr. Larry Field, a shoulder and arthroscopy specialist, and Dr. Walter Shelton, a knee specialist. He was also able to work with Dr. Rhett Hobgood, a shoulder specialist with particular interest in reverse and total shoulder replacement; as well as Dr. Jason Craft, a hip and knee arthroscopy specialist.
During his fellowship he was provided extensive exposure to athletes in all fields of sports medicine. He was heavily involved in team coverage during his time in Jackson and was the team physician for Jim Hill High School and Jackson State University.
Dr. Miller has performed clinical research in both his residency and his fellowship, and has presented his research at local scientific meetings.
Besides being an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Miller is also a devoted husband and father. He and his wife Hannah, a Chattanooga native, have one daughter, Libby. In his spare time he enjoys golf and spending time with his family.
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Association of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Tennessee Medical Association
New patient paperwork is completed on our Patient Portal. Please contact our office for instructions and a pin number.
- “Although Dr. Miller looks a little young, he is an exceptional orthopaedic doctor and surgeon. He is extremely attentive to my ongoing care. He is professional and teake time to discuss questions or concerns of his patients which is an unusual characteristic these days. I will absolutely recommend him to anyone requiring orthopadic care. Thank you Dr. Miller!!!”
- “Courteous & well trained staff. I have recommended Dr. Miller to several of my friends.”
- “Dr. Miller was very professional and listened intently to my description of my problem. He seemed genuine and nice.”