Shoulder and Knee Arthroscopy
Total Joint Replacement
A native of Cleveland, Jason Spangler attended Bradley Central High School where he played basketball and baseball. He remained in the area, continuing his baseball career at Lee University, where he majored in Biology, served as team captain, was selected as NAIA All-American Scholar Athlete, received the Champion of Character Award and graduated Magna Cum Laude.
Dr. Spangler attended Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine where he worked with Virginia Tech team physicians during basketball and football seasons. A five year orthopaedic surgery residency took him to Grandview Medical Center in Dayton, Ohio and afforded him additional hands on opportunities. He served as team physician for the nationally recognized Centerville High School football team and trained several weeks with the Indianapolis Colts team physicians, the Cincinnati Reds team physician and the Cincinnati Bengals foot and ankle specialist.
After completing his residency, he was accepted into the Wake Forest University Sports Medicine Fellowship program. While in Winston-Salem, he was fortunate to continue his extensive sports medicine and team coverage opportunities by serving as one of the team physicians for the Wake Forest University basketball and baseball teams and for the Winston Salem State University football team. Dr. Spangler also provided team coverage for the Winston Salem Dash, a minor league affiliate of the Chicago White Sox and served as a volunteer physician for Kyle Petty Charity Motorcycle Ride.
Dr. Spangler specializes in arthroscopic surgery with his main focus in shoulders, hips and knees. He also has extensive training in total shoulder, total hip and total knee replacements and a special interest in treating overhead athletes as well as treating other sports-related injuries.
In addition to spending cherished time with his family, he enjoys attending University of Tennessee football games, playing golf and listening to country music. After participating in a life changing Medical Mission in Guatemala a few years ago, he hopes that the opportunity will once again arise for future missions.
As a fellowship trained Sports Medicine specialist, Dr. Spangler is delighted to return home and join the CSMO Cleveland office group. He resides in Ooltewah with his wife and high school sweetheart, Aubrie, and their two daughters, Paisley and Adelyn.
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
New patient paperwork is completed on our Patient Portal. Please contact our office for instructions and a pin number.
- Excellent doctor very informative, I have recommended and had fellow worker come and receive treatment from him. I have heard no complaints
- Well I think he is a very good Doctor. He cares for his patient. When you tell him your concerns He does his very best to deal with them. I will gladly refer him to others that need his services
- We are amazed at the excellent care that Dr Spangler and all attendants provided us. We are so blessed to have such highly skilled doctors and nurses as well as the entire experience of medical care in our area. God bless you all and thank you for the excellent care given in this critical time. You were/are great.
- We were really impressed with Dr. Spangler and how well my husband’s surgery went and how well the healing period went. Dr. Spangler is an exceptional physician in my opinion and I would highly recommend him to anyone.
- If it hadn’t been for Dr. Spangler and God I wouldn’t be able to use my right arm and shoulder. HE IS THE BEST!!!!
- Not often do I find a Dr that has compassion for patient and treats patient as a PERSON instead of a NUMBER. He has a great MANNER about him and has earned my respect to the fullest. Wish this quality could be found in EVERY doctor.
- I chose Dr. Spangler for my problem I am having because he came highly recommended by several friends that have used him. He is very polite and clear in the way he explains my issues and solution to fix it. I have already recommended him to anyone that asks.
- Dr. Spangler was very clear I wish all doctors did a clear job as he did.
- He is a very gifted young man. Absolutely Professional all the way!
- First visit, pleasant experience, friendly and knowledgeable!!
- Dr Spangler and his office staff have been absolute professionals but also very friendly. I had to reschedule my appointment and it was done quickly without hassle! Great!
- Jason Spangler is very friendly, very knowledgeable and has a great demeanor. He listens to what the patient has to say, puts the patient at ease, explains everything, asks if you have any questions or concerns. He spends as much time with you as you need with every patient, That’s why my husband and I didn’t mind the wait. His staff is wonderful….
- I felt he had a very pleasant personality. explained things well, was as calming as possible prior to the injection. I was so happy to get a Doctor that you can talk to. Not all Doctors can make me feel at ease and that we are working together as a team for my health’s sake.
- Very professional and thorough. I was highly impressed with him and the staff.
- I had a very good and informative appointment. The best Ortho appt since moving to Tennessee.
- Extremely thorough exam and explained all of my options ‐ I am very confident that I will have a good outcome under his care ‐ excellent physician!!!
- Dr. Spangler was wonderful! He took his time to listen to all my concerns and not make me feel rushed. He was very thorough and explained things where it was easy to understand!
- I am new to the area and I am very pleased with the amount of professionalism that is in this office. I’m also very pleased with the after results from my surgery. I would recommend this office to anyone for any reason. THANK YOU
- Dr. Spangler is very personable, Great Doctor!!
- He made me feel he was concerned with my health and well being.
- “I was very impressed with Dr. Spangler’s time spent assessing my concerns about my shoulder. He expressed sincere concern and ordered an MRI. I am grateful that CSMO has such a wonderful doctor.”
- “Dr Spangler was very nice and knew his job well. he was very thorough and explained everything well.”
- “I fell last year and fractured my hip. We chose Dr. Spangler to perform a total hip replacement. I could not be more pleased with the outcome and the progress I have made. So thankful that we chose him and would recommend to others.”