Jason Wamack, a native of Chattanooga, attended Boyd Buchanan school and then received a Biology degree from Lipscomb University in Nashville. After spending his years in Nashville, he moved south to Miami, Florida, for medical school. He received many scholarships and Dean’s List Recognition before attaining his medical degree from Barry University School of Graduate Medical Sciences. As Dr. Wamack completed his training, he was an important part of several medical missions in Guatemala.
Dr. Wamack then completed three years of surgical training at Plantation General Hospital in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, and Gulf Coast Podiatric Surgical Residency Foundation in Houston, Texas. After serving as chief resident in Houston, he moved back to Chattanooga where he started his private practice. He shares his skills and talents by participating in the Erlanger residency program as residents rotate and train with him on a regular basis.
After building a thriving private practice, Dr. Wamack recently joined the Center for Sports Medicine and Orthopaedics. As a board certified podiatric surgeon, Dr. Wamack specializes in all foot and ankle problems from the athlete to the ‘weekend warrior’.
Dr. Wamack enjoys golf, water sports, family and church activities. He, his wife Heather, their sons Carter and Hudson, and their daughter Kaitlyn make their home in Ooltewah.
Dr. Jason Wamack of the Center for Sports Medicine discusses Bunion Deformity symptoms and treatm
Dr. Jason Wamack demonstrates how to wrap the great/big toe for maximum support.
- Fellow of American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- Diplomate of the American Board of Podiatric Surgery
- Board Certified in Foot Surgery by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery
- Board Certified in Rear Foot and Ankle Surgery by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery
New patient paperwork is completed on our Patient Portal. Please contact our office for instructions and a pin number.
- Always listens carefully and explains anything that I ask. I think he really cares about my condition and wants to help me.
- Dr Wamack has treated me for my foot pain for about 3/4 years now and has always gone above what I needed to see I am well taken care of. He is a very compassionate doctor and I am grateful for his dedication to my care.
- Dr. Wamack did a great job. He explains things in an easy way to understand and he is very caring and personable. I appreciate his bedside manner
- Dr. Wamack was very attentive to my specific needs and he had a very caring demeanor that you don’t always find in a surgeon. He explained things very well and the surgery went great. No complications. I am very pleased with his service and would recommend him to anyone.
- I was very impressed with both the bedside manner & professionalism of Dr. Wamack. He was very caring & very informative. He explained things well & I felt very comfortable with him.
- I was pleasantly surprised with Dr. Wamack’s knowledge and caring temperament. I appreciated his dutifulness to be on time for my appointment. This showed me that he cares not only about his time but valued mine as well.
- Very very informative from the first time I saw Dr Womack of the procedure and recovery time and the things to expect so I wouldn’t get alarmed every time I had an ache or pain.
- Dr Wamack has been a God sent. I have never encountered a more caring, thorough, knowledgeable, straightforward physician. I would not even consider anyone else if I ever need any further intervention with my feet.
- Great experience. Dr. Wamack was very knowledgeable about my condition. He made me feel confident in the plan for surgery and that I was in good hands. He seems like he will be great to work with.
- When Dr. Wamack asked me if we could pray together before we went in to surgery I knew I had the right person taking care of me. He has done nothing but strengthen that belief since. The absolute best doctor I’ve ever had caring for me.
- Dr. Wamack is such a great dr and a great man. His ability to balance personal attention with exemplary medical attention creates a very positive experience while under his care.
- Great doctor who really cares about his patients. Also looks at the “whole picture” in situations‐he is very passionate about what he does & wants his patients to return to their active lifestyle. Awesome guy!
- He makes recommendations and then lets the patient decide what will work best for them. I like that a lot. So many doctors will say what needs to be done and will not consider the patient’s feelings at all on the issue.
- Dr. Wamack was awesome! He related so well to my son, age 12, who was suffering an injury that would take him out of basketball season and athletics in general for about two months. He spoke directly to him, engaged him, and gave him input and ownership of the situation. He gave great information and guidance!
- I am very happy that I chose the Center for Sports Med and Ortho, and Dr Wamack!!!
- I appreciate Dr. Wamack’s thoroughness and desire to go after the root of the problem and not just treating the symptoms. He spent a lot of time explaining things and being proactive in determining the best course of treatment.
- Dr. Wamack,is the first doctor I have ever been too that seems to really care about you and your condition, I have never felt as if he or his staff are too busy for me even in the times they were running behind schedule. I love them all.
- Very kind, professional, and thorough. It’s much appreciated to find a doctor that is genuine about his care for the patient and not rushing through to the next.
- I could write a book and still not say everything there is to say positive about Dr. Wamack! He is just the best, in every area of care! I come away feeling that if all of our medical system was modeled after him, we would have the best healthcare in the world, ever
- He really is the best in Chattanooga!
- I have checked with staff a couple times for more detailed information and they have been very gracious and patient with my concerns. I am very satisfied!
- Dr. Wamack was thorough in his explanation of diagnosis and procedure to be done. His demeanor is calm and reassuring. The best part was to see that he was not in a hurry and he answered all my questions in a way we could understand.
- I have had several negative experiences with Podiatrists in the past. Dr. Wamack was wonderful; I would recommend him unconditionally. God bless him for doing what he does.
- He is so concerned for the well-being of all his patients. He takes all the time you need. He is a wonderful man and doctor.
- Dr. Wamack is the best specialist doctor I have ever seen. He is professional, courteous, great bedside manner, attentive and is an excellent surgeon. I was very pleased with his care! I would give him a 5 star rating.
- ALL DOCS SHOULD TAKE NOTE OF DR. WAMACK AND HOW HE TREATS AND RELATES TO HIS PATIENTS. I HAVE BEEN TO MANY DOCTORS OFFICES AND MY EXPERIENCE FROM WALKING IN TO CHECKING OUT WAS VERY POSITIVE. His staff was courteous and professional too; for a patient.. this is as good as it gets.
- The doctor was great! extremely caring and througho. I would rate him higher than 10 if I could.
- He is such an awesome caring Dr.!
- Dr. Wamack is the best. His personal care for his patients is so nice. This is something that is missing in today’s society. He is a very caring and concerned doctor. I would give his name to anyone that needs a foot doctor or if they just wanted to meet an all around good man. I am glad he is in Chattanooga.
- Wonderful staff
- Dr. Jason Wamack seemed very knowledgeable personable and caring and provides a professional way of providing care.
- Dr. Wamack has been my doctor for several years. He is a caring and respectful man who is always willing listen to what I say.
- Quick visit but very efficient. Dr. Wamack explained the injury very thoroughly and the complete healing process in detail.
- Excellent service.
- Was personable and knowledgeable.
- I feel like he listened to my concerns and questions and responded in a way I could understand.
- Kindcaring knowledgeable helpful.
- Very thoughtful and attentive to my medical needs
- The doctor and staff did their work in a professional way and made me feel they had a complete understanding of my problem and to resolve it.
- Excellent Dr
- Dr Wamack and staff were great. All were very professional and friendly.
- Great Doctor.
- I couldn’t ask for a better doctor than Dr. Wamack. I’m very pleased with the outcome of my surgery and the physical therapy I’ve received thanks to Dr. Wamack.
- Dr. Wamack is the kind of doctor that truly cares for his patients. I could truly say that all the doctors at the Center of Sports Medicine are outstanding. But to me Dr. Wamack he is the doctor that wants to find out what is actually causing my pains in my ankle and he will not stop till he find out the main cause and that is what I like about him and all the doctors that I have seen at this center. I just have to say May God bless these doctors.
- Dr. Wamack was busy but not rushed very confident knowledgeable and professional. New Patient Process was organized and well executed. Staff were courteous and professional. My thanks to all for making my experience a positive one.
- Very kind concerned thorough doctor.
- Dr. Wamack is an excellent caring doctor.
- I appreciated the time Dr. Wamack spent explaining my issue and listening to my concerns. He thoroughly answered all of my questions.
- He is a very knowledgeable compassionate Christian Dr. He strives always to find answers to my health care needs
- Always nice and professional as well.one of our favorite doctors.
- He is a great thorough doctor and very attentive to his patients!
- I could tell that D. Wamack knew exactly what he was doing.
- He is the best doctor I have ever seen that takes time and talk to you and cares about you. I wish that ever doctor was as good to you as he is. He is polite and caring.