Brian Smith, originally from Indiana, completed his undergraduate studies at Indiana University in Bloomington, where he received numerous academic awards. He then was accepted into the Indiana University School of Medicine, later graduating in the top two-percent of his class. Dr. Smith continued his medical education by serving his Internship & Orthopaedic Residency at SUNY Health Science Center in Syracuse, N.Y.
After that came a Fellowship in Hand Surgery at the prestigious Mayo Clinic. While completing his General Surgery Internship, Dr. Smith was honored with the Resident Teaching Award. After five years in private practice in Florida, he was recruited by the Center for Sports Medicine and Orthopeadics in 2000 where he specializes in Hand and Upper Extremities. He sees patients at both our Hixson and East Brainerd offices.
Dr. Smith is an upper extermity specialist and surgeon at Center for Sports Medicine in Chattanoo
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- National Board of Medical Examiners
- Certificate of Added Qualification in Hand Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
New patient paperwork is completed on our Patient Portal. Please contact our office for instructions and a pin number.
- “Dr. Smith was very professional and friendly during the visit. He explained my injury in a very precise and easy to understand way, including the best procedure for care going forward to ensure the injury would heal quickly and completely.”
- “We very much enjoyed our visit with Dr Smith, my visits have all been very informative.”
- “Dr Smith was most helpful. He explained the reason for my hand pain, I just wish I had seen him months before!”