Dr. Jason Eck has sub-specialty training in spine surgery and has authored more than 90 articles and 4 books. He has presented extensively at regional, national and international conferences. Dr. Eck is committed to alleviating pain and restoring function in those with spinal disorders.
A native of Illinois with family ties to Tennessee, he later grew up in Topeka, Kansas. He then attended college at The Catholic University of America in Washington, DC, studying biomedical engineering. He continued his engineering studies and obtained a Master’s Degree in biomedical engineering at Marquette University in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Prior to medical school, he worked as a research associate at The Center for Sports Medicine and Orthopaedics.
He completed medical school at The University of Health Sciences in Kansas City, Missouri, followed by an internship and orthopaedic surgery residency at Memorial Hospital in York, Pennsylvania, where he was named resident of the year. Following his residency he performed his spine surgery fellowship at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. At the completion of his fellowship, Dr. Eck served as an Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Massachusetts for over four years.
Dr. Eck is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon and has received numerous research awards from the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Cervical Spine Research Society and Scoliosis Research Society. He and his wife Laurie are thrilled to return to Chattanooga and settle into the community with their children Katherine and Caroline.
Center for Sports Medicine and Orthopaedics' Dr. Jason Eck discusses his practice in Chattano
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopaedics
- American Osteopathic Association
- AO Spine North America (Faculty)
- Cervical Spine Research Society
- Health Volunteers Overseas
- International Society for the Study of the Lumbar Spine
- New England Spinal Injury Consortium
- New England Spine Study Group
- North American Spine Society
- Spine Study Group
- World Spine Society
New patient paperwork is completed on our Patient Portal. Please contact our office for instructions and a pin number.
- “Would recommend him ”Dr. Eck” to others with back problems as he looked for other methods of treatment other than surgery. Took time to listen to the history of the injury.”
- “Very respectful, caring and kind. Not pushy towards surgery at all.”
- “Dr. Eck was very good. CONGRATS TO HIM! Also, his nurse and other helpers gave us friendly smiles and information as we needed, Thanks to everyone.”
- “He is always kind and considerate and has my health as his number 1 priority. I would recommend him to anyone that needs the care he provides.”