Robert Mastey began his studies at Colgate College where he received his B.A. in Economics. He continued with graduate studies at Hahnemann Medical School where he was awarded a Master’s in Applied Human Physiology. Dr. Mastey earned his medical degree at the University of Dentistry and Medicine of New Jersey.
Dr. Mastey completed his Post Graduate training in General Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery at Duke University Medical Center. His Fellowship at Rhode Island Hospital/Brown University School of Medicine, focused on Hand and Upper Extremities.
The Center for Sports Medicine and Orthopaedics recruited Dr. Mastey to join the practice in 1996. He specializes in Hand and Upper Extremity Disorders.
Robert and his wife, Carol, live in East Brainerd and keep busy raising their 3 children and following their respective sports schedules. When time allows, he enjoys watching college and professional sports and eating spicy foods.
This video is private.
Bob Wilson, CSMO patient, tells his story of having procedures to repair a few injuries. Thanks t
John Parker, CSMO patient, shares his story of recovering from surgery that helped repair carpal
Dr. Robert Mastey, MD of the Center for Sports Medicine discusses tennis and golfer's elbow.
Dr. Robert Mastey, MD, of the Center for Sports Medicine discusses bicep tendon tear at the elbow
Dr. Robert Mastey MD, discuss wrist fractures and wrist fracture treatment options. For more info
- Certificate of Added Qualification in Surgery of the Hand
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery
New patient paperwork is completed on our Patient Portal. Please contact our office for instructions and a pin number.
- “Excellent and knowledgeable physician who shows that he cares about his patients!”
- “Dr. Mastey is so down to earth and friendly, he seems more like a family member than a physician. His staff is super-efficient and friendly as well.”
- “Dr Mastey was very kind and professional with my young granddaughter. He gave explanations for her treatment and spoke directly to her while allowing her to ask questions.”
- “I don’t know how he does it but he has done 5 surgeries on me with little to no pain after. He is the best at what he does”