Scott Hodges is a native of North Carolina who came to the Chattanooga area to attend Southern Adventist University in Collegedale, where he received his undergraduate degree in Biology. He went on to graduate Cum Laude from the University of Health Sciences in Kansas City, Missouri. Dr. Hodges served his Internship at Tulsa Regional Medical Center where he was awarded Intern of the year in 1993. He completed his Residency in Orthopaedic Surgery at Doctor’s Hospital in Columbus, Ohio.
Dr. Hodges served our country in the United States Air Force, achieving the rank of Major. Then it was back to medicine, and a Fellowship in Spine Surgery at Loyola University of Chicago. He finished his training at Hinsdale Hospital in Illinois.
In 1994, Dr. Hodges returned to Chattanooga, setting up his private practice with the Center for Sports Medicine and Orthopaedics. Dr. Hodges has authored numerous articles for publication, and participated in leading research projects.
Visit Dr. Hodges’ microsite for more information MicroNav surgery and better patient outcomes.
Center for Sports Medicine and Orthopaedics' Dr. Scott Hodges discusses his practice in Chatt
Jamie Ann Phillips, CSMO patient, discusses her non-surgical treatment when discovering she had a
Dr. Scott Hodges discusses disorders of the spine, causes and treatment options. Fro more informa
Dr. Scott Hodges discusses advances in spine surgery. Navigation assisted surgery provides the pa
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopaedics
- American Spinal Injury Association
- American Medical Association
- Society of Military Orthopaedic Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- Orthopaedic Research Society
- Tennessee Orthopaedic Society
- American Academy of Disability Evaluating Physicians
- Chattanooga Hamilton County Medical Society
- Tennessee Osteopathic Medical Association
- Scoliosis Research Society
- Cervical Spine Research Society
- International Society for the Study of the Lumbar Spine
- Spine Arthroplasty Society
- American College of Spine Surgery
- Georgia Osteopathic Medical Association
- Clinical Orthopaedic Society
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Society Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- AO Spine North America
New patient paperwork is completed on our Patient Portal. Please contact our office for instructions and a pin number.
- “Dr. Hodges did my first fusion in 2000. I was able to work as an industrial mechanic for 15 years. He has also fixed my sister and father back and both have had little problems.”