Dr. Robert Mastey began his studies at Colgate College where he received his B.A. in Economics. He continued with graduate studies in the Masters of Applied Human Physiology Program at Hahnemann Medical School in Philadelphia. He then earned his medical degree from University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (now Rutgers Medical School).
Dr. Mastey completed his Post Graduate training in General Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery at Duke University Medical Center. He then finished his fellowship in Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery at Brown University/ Rhode Island Hospital
in Providence, RI.
The Center for Sports Medicine and Orthopaedics recruited Dr. Mastey to join the practice in 1996. He specializes in Hand and Upper Extremity Disorders.
Bob and his wife, Carol, have lived in the East Brainerd area for over twenty years where they raised their 3 children Sarah, Megan and Tyler. When time allows, Bob enjoys playing and watching various sports, travel, music and reading.
Center for Sports Medicine and Orthopaedics' Dr. Robert Mastey discusses his practice as a Ge
Bob Wilson, CSMO patient, tells his story of having procedures to repair a few injuries. Thanks t
John Parker, CSMO patient, shares his story of recovering from surgery that helped repair carpal
Dr. Robert Mastey, MD of the Center for Sports Medicine discusses tennis and golfer's elbow.
Dr. Robert Mastey, MD, of the Center for Sports Medicine discusses bicep tendon tear at the elbow
Dr. Robert Mastey MD, discuss wrist fractures and wrist fracture treatment options. For more info
- Certificate of Added Qualification in Surgery of the Hand
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Association for Hand Surgery
- Tennessee Orthopedic Society
- Southern Orthopedic Society
- American Medical Association
- Piedmont Orthopedic Society
- Brown University Hand Surgery Club
- Duke University Hand Surgery Club
- Carpe Diem Hand Surgery Club
New patient paperwork is completed on our Patient Portal. Please contact our office for instructions and a pin number.
- Dr. Mastey takes excellent care of his patients and really has their best interests at heart. He’s the best!
- Very personable and was immediately able to talk to me about my hand and elbow issues. Some required shots and another some physical therapy. He answered all my concerns and did in the friendliest and easy manner. Just a good first visit!
- I have been seeing Dr Mastey for 15+ years and have always been pleased with the care and service I received. Very satisfied with the care I am receiving.
- I was treated with respect and courtesy by Dr. Mastey. He answered all of my questions and the questions my husband had. He was very patient and caring about what I really wanted.
- We put Dr. Mastey in somewhat of an emergency, surgery right‐now situation, and he was great! Surgery was scheduled for the same day, later that evening ‐ well beyond normal surgery hours. It was well after 9pm, before he left for home. Outstanding job/service.
- Dr. Mastey is highly intelligent and made me feel so much better about my surgery. Highly recommend him.
- Dr. Mastey is the whole package—knowledgeable, skilled, and excellent patient interaction. He needed to put TWO plates in my wrist after a fall.
- Dr. Mastey is a very pleasant person and has an excellent bed side manner. The staff as well are angels.
- I was very happy with the services provided by Dr. Mastey and his staff. During my unexpected surgery Dr. Mastey kept me informed and my family informed of the steps needed for my recovery. He worked on my finger until all options for complete recovery would be successful. I am currently still resting from surgery, but I am pleased with the results thus far. Thanks for all you do
- I very much appreciate the time spent evaluating and discussing my problem. He always speaks to me in a respectable way in explaining the problem and the treatment.
- He has always been a trusted surgeon who is very competent. He is more like a friend or he could be my child in age. ;﴿ Dr. Mastey explains everything to my satisfaction, and I don’t feel like I have to grab the tails of his Lab Coat to keep him in the Exam. Rm. I feel like I have his undivided attention.
- I feel very comfortable with Dr Mastey. He is very personable, listens to you & I feel very confident in his treatment. I would recommend Dr Mastey to anyone needing a hand surgeon. He’s the best!
- Dr Mastey actually answered the questions that I had in my head to ask before I asked them! He is a wonderful, very thorough and caring doctor! I highly recommend Dr. Robert Mastey!
- Has always been great with any problems I’ve had, and he has a great sense of humor. He makes you feel like family
- I am very impressed with the professional way in which I was treated and also the kindness and concern the Center did for me. [visit for Robert Mastey, M.D.]
- Dr. Mastey was the third doctor I have seen for treatment for my condition. He was much more thorough with his examination and explanation than the previous doctors. I felt I could now make an informed decision about surgery.
- Dr MASTEY IS VERY PERSONABLE AND SEEMS VERY CONCERNED ABOUT HIS PATIENTS. WE NEED MORE DOCTORS LIKE HIM!!
- He listens carefully and explains everything thoroughly. He provided excellent care and I did not realize that he had given me shots until he put the Band-Aids on!
- I am very thankful for Dr Mastey for everything he’s done and that I would highly recommend him to anyone he is a very good doctor and thankful that I am able to use my hand again thanks for everything
- He very was very nice, and answered all of my questions. His staff was nice and very helpful.
- He makes you feel comfortable discussing any issues and concerns you may have.
- It is not always easy to go to the “first appt” with a new physician and be in pain, but Dr Mastey came in and had me and my husband both laughing as he came in the room. We were at ease immediately…and felt comfortable and accepting of what he had to say. I think I was more aware of what he as saying than what I was feeling. I can only say I AM GRATEFUL, he is the physician who gave me the care I needed. Office staff was great, friendly & helpful…very good experience!
- Dr. Mastey was professional but friendly. He listened to my concerns and incorporated them into my healing process. Overall, I was very pleased with my encounter with him.
- I would advise anyone that has a problem with any problem with their arm elbow and hand problems to see Dr. Mastey
- “Excellent and knowledgeable physician who shows that he cares about his patients!”
- “Dr. Mastey is so down to earth and friendly, he seems more like a family member than a physician. His staff is super-efficient and friendly as well.”
- “Dr Mastey was very kind and professional with my young granddaughter. He gave explanations for her treatment and spoke directly to her while allowing her to ask questions.”
- “I don’t know how he does it but he has done 5 surgeries on me with little to no pain after. He is the best at what he does”