Scott Hodges is a native of North Carolina who came to the Chattanooga area to attend Southern Adventist University in Collegedale, where he received his undergraduate degree in Biology. He went on to graduate Cum Laude from the University of Health Sciences in Kansas City, Missouri. Dr. Hodges served his Internship at Tulsa Regional Medical Center where he was awarded Intern of the year in 1993. He completed his Residency in Orthopaedic Surgery at Doctor’s Hospital in Columbus, Ohio.
Dr. Hodges served our country in the United States Air Force, achieving the rank of Major. Then it was back to medicine, and a Fellowship in Spine Surgery at Loyola University of Chicago. He finished his training at Hinsdale Hospital in Illinois.
In 1994, Dr. Hodges returned to Chattanooga, setting up his private practice with the Center for Sports Medicine and Orthopaedics. Dr. Hodges has authored numerous articles for publication, and participated in leading research projects.
Visit Dr. Hodges’ microsite for more information MicroNav surgery and better patient outcomes.
Center for Sports Medicine and Orthopaedics' Dr. Scott Hodges discusses his practice in Chatt
Jamie Ann Phillips, CSMO patient, discusses her non-surgical treatment when discovering she had a
Dr. Scott Hodges discusses disorders of the spine, causes and treatment options. Fro more informa
Dr. Scott Hodges discusses advances in spine surgery. Navigation assisted surgery provides the pa
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopaedics
- American Spinal Injury Association
- American Medical Association
- Society of Military Orthopaedic Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- Orthopaedic Research Society
- Tennessee Orthopaedic Society
- American Academy of Disability Evaluating Physicians
- Chattanooga Hamilton County Medical Society
- Tennessee Osteopathic Medical Association
- Scoliosis Research Society
- Cervical Spine Research Society
- International Society for the Study of the Lumbar Spine
- Spine Arthroplasty Society
- American College of Spine Surgery
- Georgia Osteopathic Medical Association
- Clinical Orthopaedic Society
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Society Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- AO Spine North America
New patient paperwork is completed on our Patient Portal. Please contact our office for instructions and a pin number.
- Overall pleased with Dr. Hodges. He is not only a very skilled surgery but a very compassionate man. So friendly and makes you feel at ease. Would recommend him very highly!!
- Excellent in all aspects of patient care. Excellent bed side manners. Highly recommend Dr. Hodges to anyone needing surgical accommodation. Very pleased with Dr, Hodges
- Absolutely wonderful. Love his sense of humor. Not dull An did not treat you like just another patient. Listened and interacted with you as a person.
- I was impressed with Dr. Hodges. He reviewed and analyzed my situation following my surgery (two months prior) from a physician outside of Center for Sports Medicine. Then he proposed a solution for me, and he explained his surgical method with appropriate detail. He’s smart, confident, but not condescending. At this point I am very likely to schedule surgery with Dr. Hodges.
- I felt like he really listened to my concerns and was honest about being able to help me. The whole staff was friendly and respectful.
- I always am treated as though I am the most important patient there; Dr Hodges gives me as much time as is needed. He answers all my questions in a way that I can understand it; he is very qualified and has a pleasing personality.
- Dr. Hodges is an incredibly skilled physician with tremendous compassion for his patients.
- In last year and half I’ve seen doctor on top of doctors , and I had no trust in them . But right off talking to Dr. Hodges I knew he was the right doctor for me
- Very personable n knowledgeable about a condition my GP thought I had based on a test that she requested. Great experience. Thank U Dr Hodges!
- Very knowledgeable and caring for you. Explains everything fully and listens to your questions and answers completely.
- Dr. Hodges was very informative about my condition and he explained everything in language I could understand. Very pleased with is service.
- Very nice doctor the staff was great and I have heard nothing but good things about the doctor and I have already recommended Dr. Hodges to a friend of mine!
- have been seen by Dr. Scott Hodges for several reasons he has performed a lower back surgery on my many years ago and I have had no reason to complain, he also performed a right SI fusion no complaints. And this coming January Dr. Scott Hodges will perform surgery on my neck, I would not trust any other doctor. He has a heart, he is personable, informative and he listens. Great bed Side manner.
- Dr Hodges was a referral from Dr Foley who had a very good recommendation for him. I found the recommendation to be accurate
- Dr. Hodges is a fantastic caregiver ‐ thoughtful and LISTENS compassionately. I appreciate the time he spends to quickly review the X‐rays ‐ and this visit we discovered a secondary issue which I would not have known about had he not taken the time to consider my complaints and discomfort. He is ‐ simply ‐ the best doctor I’ve ever worked with.
- Dr. Hodges is an excellent doctor. He answered my questions and explained things to me in a way that I could understand
- Dr. Hodges was very professional but down to earth as well. There is no doubt he a competent doctor in my opinion and seemed interested in me as an individual. My pain and concerns for getting back to normal seemed well addressed. All the support staff were very cordial and professionally to me and my wife which was nice. No one seemed to be in a big hurry and you could tell they were experienced.
- The ability to relate to a patient in the way Doctor Hodges did, only comes with years of experience and genuine concern for the wellbeing of patients. Most Doctors lose the ability to relate and care as years go by. I did not experience this with Doctor Hodges. He showed great concern for my well-being and demonstrated knowledge of my current condition. He explained in detail my injury and the procedure that is required to correct it. I expect his entire staff follows his lead and I will recommend this practice.
- I was seen so quickly, I was very impressed. He was very insightful as well as helpful
- Have been seeing Dr Hodges for almost 20 years and had multiple procedures which have been amazingly successful. I would trust no other team of medical professionals to care for my family’s orthopaedic needs. LOVE HIM and the precious gift that God has graced him with.
- “Dr. Hodges did my first fusion in 2000. I was able to work as an industrial mechanic for 15 years. He has also fixed my sister and father back and both have had little problems.”