J. Alex Sielatycki, M.D.
J. Alex Sielatycki, M.D., is a fellowship-trained orthopaedic spine surgeon who specializes in both adult and pediatric spine surgery.
A native of Sandy, Utah and an outdoor enthusiast, Dr. Sielatycki attended Utah State University where he received a bachelor of science degree in economics and finance with a minor in chemistry. He graduated Summa Cum Laude from Utah State and was accepted to the Penn State University College of Medicine where he was recognized with the Outstanding Orthopaedic Student, Outstanding Achievement in Basic Science Research, and Outstanding Academic Achievement awards. While at Penn State he was also a member of the prestigious Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society and the Gold Humanism Honor Society. Dr. Sielatycki’s educational journey brought him to Nashville, Tennessee where he performed his orthopaedic surgery residency at Vanderbilt University. During his training he also worked to raise funding for the CURE Pediatric Orthopaedic Hospital in Honduras, and traveled to Ecuador and the Dominican Republic on surgical mission trips to provide care to residents of impoverished communities.
Dr. Sielatycki completed the final stage of his specialization with a fellowship in adult and pediatric spine surgery at New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University in Manhattan. There he studied under world renowned expert surgeons in scoliosis and spinal deformity, cervical spine surgery, and degenerative spine conditions.
Dedicated to research, he has authored multiple research publications, presented at numerous international research meetings, and written a long list of textbook chapters related to spine conditions.
In his spare time Alex enjoys skiing, biking, fishing, and spending time with his family. Alex and his wife Karen just welcomed their first baby
girl, Elizabeth, and they look forward to raising her in Chattanooga.
“I am thrilled and honored to become part of the incredible team at Center for Sports Medicine and Orthopaedics and am excited to move back to the beautiful state of Tennessee! I am dedicated to providing the very best in surgical spine care in Chattanooga and the surrounding area, and will be using the latest techniques and technology to achieve the best possible result for each and every one of my patients.”
Dr. J. Alex Sielatycki
- Dr. Sielatycki is an excellent physician. He is professional, thorough, confident, warm and easy to talk to. I am very pleased with him as my physician. Very grateful to have found him.
- I have complete confidence in the ability of Dr. John and his determinations as to what is most beneficial for me. I have told numerous people about how good he is and have referred them to him.
- Excellent visit. I’ve already recommended Dr. Sielatycki to my coworkers and friends. Very satisfied with the care I received.
- I was very impressed. Explained everything and took the necessary time to go thru all info. Great Doctor! Very Professional and respectful.
- I felt compassion from him for the pain I was in and he explained the MRI to me and his mannerism was wonderful. This is my first ever having to deal with workman’s comp and he is the first doctor from a few from this injury that did not rush the appt through while seeing me and treated me with respect, and a caring attitude. I thank him for that!
- I was very impressed. Explained everything and took the necessary time to go thru all info. I am very happy with the care I received from Dr Sielatycki and his staff were excellent, very caring.
- Dr. Sielatycki was very professional and extremely knowledgeable. I appreciated his listening skills and approach to my needs.
- He was very efficient and provided a quick diagnosis of my condition. Answered all my questions to my satisfaction.
- I think Dr Alex gives you the information and time to make an informed decision. His follow up is good and explanations easy to understand. I am very happy with Dr. S
- Dr. Sielatycki did an excellent job, was very thorough and helped get me on my road to recovery.
- Dr. S. is a very personable, approachable person. Some doctors appear to try to intimidate the patient. Dr. S tries to build a partnership with his patients (or at least with me) and to make joint decisions regarding my treatment. I really appreciate this attitude.
- I like that he began my treatment with conservative methods. Excellent doctor! He is easy to understand and takes time to answer all your questions.
- Was the first Dr to listen about my weakness on my left side and found out it was serious. The other Drs in years past would say it was because I am right side dominant, that is why you are weaker on your left side. It just kept getting worst over the years till I couldn’t walk. I am walking again and getting my balance back, that another Dr said it was my ears causing my balance problem. I will recommend Dr. S to everyone I know.
- Wonderful bedside manner Very easy to talk with. So far I have had great care from 4 of your MD’s.
- Dr. Sielatycki is the dr. I’ve been looking for to help me on my back