Dr. Sanders’ Reviews
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Board of Orthopaedics: Subspecialty Certificate of Added Qualification in Sports Medicine
- American Board of Regenerative Medicine: Regenerative Medicine and Stem Cell Applications
- The American Academy of Regenerative Medicine
Brett Sanders, M.D., has fellowship training in shoulder, sports medicine, and upper extremity surgery with a special interest in complex arthroscopic and open shoulder surgery. His specialties include:
- Arthroscopic Knee and Shoulder Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Shoulder Replacement Specialist
He has authored multiple journal articles and book chapters in the field and presented research nationally and internationally in the field of shoulder and elbow surgery. A native of Nashville, Dr. Sanders attended college at the University of Virginia, graduating Magna Cum Laude with a degree in Physics. He subsequently attended the University of Tennessee College of Medicine, where he graduated Alpha Omega Alpha, and performed an Internship in general surgery and a Residency in orthopaedic surgery, both at Emory University. While at Emory, he provided sports care for college and professional athletes.
Dr. Sanders completed fellowship training in shoulder and sports medicine at Harvard University with complementary training at the ALPS Institute in Annecy, France. He then performed a second fellowship in upper extremity surgery at the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh. Currently, he fosters an interest in advanced regenerative medicine and joint preservation techniques, and is certified by the American Board of Regenerative Medicine. As an entrepreneur, he also has designed and commercialized medical device innovations for value based medicine.
An avid musician, Dr. Sanders enjoys playing guitar and banjo. He has a personal interest in combat sports, providing medical care for amateur and professional mixed martial arts, including the Ultimate Fighting Championship.
Dr. Sanders, along with his wife and three children, reside in Ooltewah, TN.
Learn more about your condition by viewing our patient education videos below.
- Dr Sanders has done a wonderful job with my issues and concerns. He understood the problems I was having and was direct and to the point on moving forward. I appreciate his patience and attention, without being in a hurry to get to his next patient. Very charismatic and seems easy going. Couldn’t ask for better care.
- Dr. Sanders is the only Doctor I want to operate on me.
- Front desk and the Xray tech were very kind and efficient, pleasant, the scheduler was also excellent!
- Dr Sanders is a gifted surgeon and a very knowledgeable doctor. Some doctors are trained well, and some have a gift for healing. He has both.
- I am so very happy with Dr Sanders. He has gone above and beyond for the care of my elbow. I truly believe that no other Dr would have devoted this much time into my case.
- Brett is really good at what he does and doesn’t sugar coat what is going to happen etc….I have much respect for the man and I’m very grateful for him for repairing my knee so I can live a productive active life! I’m not real big on compliments but this is an exception for sure! Thank you Dr Sanders, you are the best sir.
- I have full confidence in Dr. Sanders. He is an excellent surgeon and takes the time to interact with his patients as needed. I highly recommend him.
- Dr. Sanders was professional, he was cheerful, He explained everything. I feel Blessed to have Dr. Sanders as my doctor.
- Dr. Sanders was very kind, caring and had a great sense of humor. I would recommend him to anyone I know with something he would handle.
- Dr Sanders really cares about his patients. He is genuine. He spends all the necessary time with you. He has a kind manner. I’m very thankful he is my doctor!
- I was very satisfied from the beginning. Dr. Sanders was very friendly and professional. Very through at discussing exactly what the injury was and how it should be taken care of. Very pleased with the surgery and outcome.
- I am thankful to have Dr. Sanders providing my care. He is a phenomenal surgeon and I consider him the best in the field.
- Dr Sanders has taken excellent care of me and was committed to repairing my elbow. I’m lucky to have him as my Doctor.
- I want to thank Brett Sanders for the fine work he did on my shoulder and for his patience and guidance on all my pain I had afterwards. I think he is one of the finest surgeons there are and I recommend him to everyone that needs one.
- The surgery and recovery far exceeded my expectations. I did not experience any pain after released from the hospital. Great Doctor, the only one I want to see. Thanks
- Brett Sanders, M.D. is an excellent doctor and persistent in making sure I get the care I need. I feel he is a very good Dr.
- Dr. Sanders sat down and talked with me about symptoms, about impact, and about what options we had moving forward. I felt that he listened and took more time than I’ve received from other doctors before. I was very appreciative to have things explained effectively.
- After almost a 1.5 year dealing with this I can honestly say I think Daniel Dr Sanders Nurse is probably the BEST Nurse I have ever dealt with his care compassion and overall attitude is by far top notch!!!! The rest of the staff should take notes from him
- Dr. Sanders is very professional and knowledgeable. I felt very comfortable at every visit. Surgery was very successful!
- Very understanding and compassionate to my worker’s compensation case and really took the time to listen to my input. With his observations and advice, I feel that I am finally on a path to full recovery.
- Doctor Brett presented himself well and is very efficient and personable. I feel like I came away with all questions answered and knew exactly where I stood. I will definitely use him again if the situation arises.
- Dr. Sanders is a very personable and informative Dr.! I will always use Dr. Sanders for all my medical issues in this field. I have recommended Dr. Sanders to everyone I know who needs this type of Dr. He is outstanding!
- Dr. Sanders and his medical team are always attentive and provide excellent care. He is just overall a great doctor and is straight forward about all.
- Thank you for explaining things so well! You are exceptional!
- Dr. Sanders was very professional knowledgeable and thorough.
- Very helpful and reassuring! Great Service!
- Dr. Sanders is very knowledgeable, personable, and respectful of patient concerns. Takes time to explain procedures, options and expected outcome. I have every confidence in his ability and my positive outcome for my recovery.
- I appreciate the fact that he listened to what I had to say. He discussed my problem and didn’t make me feel that I don’t have good sense. He explained things to me very clearly and made sure I understood.
- Dr Sanders did a great job with my surgery. I am now pain free and making excellent progress with my follow up Physical therapy. I highly recommend Dr. Sanders.
- Dr. Sanders did prescribe a combination of non‐narcotic medication which have eased my pain level. I thank him for that. Very professional and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend anyone to see Dr. Sanders.
- Extremely courteous, very relatable an easy to understand. He didn’t know we were 2nd opinion but made time for us anyway. Because of this we chose him to do the surgery. [visit for Brett Sanders, M.D.]
- Dr. Sanders helped me navigate through several health issues. He is a great listener and very responsive. I have the greatest of confidence in his abilities to assess and treat. He has a stellar bedside manner. In addition, he operated on my meniscus three years ago and I continue to be pain free and active.
- I chose Dr. Sanders to handle my issue based on his impeccable credentials as a top educated, published, state-of0the0-art physician. He never disappointed me during the process. Furthermore, I appreciated his matter of fact style that was delivered with a caring, knowledgeable tone and easy-going smile.
- Very direct in a personable way. This is much appreciated as it doesn’t waste anyone’s time. Excellent service and medical attention.
- “Dr. Sanders pulled off a miracle with my shoulder. I am so grateful for the training and knowledge that he has. He is the TOP DOC in his area of expertise.”
- “I truly appreciate the sincerity Dr. Sanders conveyed during my visits.”
- “He is a true professional and an awesome doctor!”
- “Everyone in his staff was great. I wish I would have seen him sooner.”
- “Great doctors and staff, keep up the great work”
- “Dr. Brett is the best. Given the very tough circumstances of my waiting way to long to seek help for my ruptured bicep tendon, Dr. Brett was still able to get the job done 100% in excellent time around my rigorous work schedule. The arm is even better than before the rupture”
- “My concern going into the appointment was that Dr. Sanders may be “over qualified” to take care of my injury. He quickly removed that concern by expressing his interest in my care and treatment, while respecting my knowledge as well. The time he spent explaining the situation, his recommended treatment protocol, and listening/understanding my goals was excellent. I think I spent more quality time with Dr. Sanders on this first evaluation visit than I did with my previous surgeon through the entirety of my last surgical process. Dr. Sanders has my respect for both his knowledge of my injury and his personal approach to providing outstanding health care. I look forward to working with him through this journey to repair my shoulder and get back to pain free competition as soon as possible.”
- “I was very impressed with Dr. Sanders and will be recommending my husband to go see him.”