Diagnostic Services at CSMO
Diagnostic services are a critical piece of providing the best possible care for all types of orthopaedic conditions. Getting the most accurate evaluation and diagnosis requires the use of the latest techniques and technologies, which is exactly what we provide patients at Center for Sports Medicine & Orthopaedics. After a physical exam and surveying of symptoms, many patients need further diagnostic testing to determine the extent of an injury or ailment. These tests give our treating physicians the information needed to develop a treatment plan tailored to their specific needs.
MRI, or magnetic resonance imaging, is a commonly used diagnostic tool. MRI uses radio waves to make detailed pictures that show the inside of the body, and they’re significantly more effective than X-rays for examining soft tissues like muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
At our state-of-the-art facility, we use Signa GE 1.5 Tesla MRI technology to identify subtle soft tissue abnormalities in the musculoskeletal and nervous systems, and to take a closer look into sports injuries involving tendon and ligament damage. This particular type of imaging helps our orthopaedists diagnose and then treat issues with precision.
Digital X-Rays (PACS)
The digital X-ray technology at Center for Sports Medicine & Orthopaedics gives us a competitive advantage and helps our team provide the high-quality patient experience CSMO patients have come to expect. Our Digital X-Ray Systems produce higher quality images that make a meaningful difference in diagnosis and time savings, while also providing physicians and support staff more time for patient care.
Our GE Centricity PACS-IW System (Pictorial Archiving and communication Systems) allows our physicians to enhance images in contrast, brightness, and magnification, providing an HD-like view of the area of concern. These digital systems also have the ability to store the images on CD’s so patients can easily keep their MRI and X-Rays with their records.
Center for Sports Medicine & Orthopaedics is staffed with certified radiology technologists RT(R) who have been specially trained in MR imaging.
Other Diagnostic Services CSMO Provides
- Electromyography (EMG)– This type of testing measures the electrical activity of muscles and nerves to help our orthopaedists detect abnormalities
- CT Scan– CT, computed tomography, combines X-rays with computer technology to create an extremely detailed, cross-sectional image.
- Joint Aspirations– This testing is used to analyze the synovial fluid in a joint, most often the knee, and is generally used in conjunction with arthritis.
- Arthrogram– Often used to diagnose joint pain, this test uses a contrast dye that is injected directly into the joint followed by an MRI or CT scan for imaging.
- Arthroscopy– A minimally invasive procedure used to diagnose and sometimes treat joint issues.
Get an Accurate Diagnosis
Our team’s special training in imaging and diagnostics paired with our use of the latest technology allows us to provide patients with accurate diagnostic information and effective treatment. If you are dealing with an orthopaedic ailment, we would love the opportunity to help you find relief.