Todd D. Bell is a Chattanooga native, a graduate of the Baylor School and the University of Alabama. He earned his medical degree at the University of Alabama-Birmingham. As a student, he was honored by being awarded the Outstanding Medical Student of the Year at the Tuscaloosa Veterans Affairs Medical Center.
Dr. Bell served an Internship in General Surgery and his Residency in Orthopaedic Surgery at the Medical University of South Carolina. During his Residency, he donated his time and talents by traveling to Haiti, providing surgical care to a rural Haitians.
Dr. Bell completed a Fellowship in Sports Medicine and Traumatology at Lake Tahoe Orthopaedic Institute. It was then that he was recruited to come home to Chattanooga and join the Center for Sports Medicine and Orthopaedics.
Along with his practice of general orthopaedics, Dr. Bell is instrumental in our sports medicine program and has treated hundreds of student athletes from area high schools and colleges.
It’s wonderful to be back home where I can help students heal from injuries they sustain while playing sports. My goal for all of my patients is to see them kick field goals, hit home runs, and run harder and faster than ever.
- My visit with Dr. Bell is everything I hope for when dealing with a set of professionals. Dr. Bell explained everything very clearly and let me have options to my care.
- Dr. Bell is always pleasant and knowledgeable. He came highly recommended by my primary physician.
- Dr. Bell was extremely kind, patient and professional. He explained and discussed my condition in great detail answering every question I had. He made my visit comfortable and reassuring. I would recommend Dr. Bell to anyone who had orthopedic concerns. He quickly became one of my favorite physicians and I am confident in the care he provided.
- I would happily ﴾and actually already have﴿ recommend Dr. Bell. My daughter had had knee surgery. She is 15 and was very scared. He was so comforting, informative and always took his time to answer all of our questions and concerns and in a way, we could easily understand. I will always return to Dr. Bell for any further ortho needs for my family.
- I have had 3 successful surgeries with Dr Bell over the yrs. He is very professional and an excellent doctor.
- Dr. Bell has always been very professional and seems to truly care about your injury and how to treat the problem.
- Meant a lot that he used direct eye contact with my husband and I. He took his time to explain details even explaining my MRI. I have already highly recommended him to friends and I haven’t even had my surgery yet. I’m sure with this experience so far my surgery will be a success. Thank you so much Dr Bell and his nurses.
- Dr. Bell was a great doctor! He explained everything to me. He even apologize for the wait.
- Dr Bell’s nurse is absolutely the very best. Very personable, makes you feel like his only patient, great bedside manner
- Dr. Bell has always been courteous and helpful. He discusses your options and allows you to make decisions. Fantastic Doctor!. great mannerisms and easy to understand, also great staff
- He is the most caring doctor I’ve been to! He’s very professional and friendly.
- He listened to me and well addressed my reason for being there. I would highly recommend him to others.
- I like that he takes time to answer my questions and treats me respectfully. There is just a ‘niceness’ about him that I appreciate. I trust in his knowledge and ability to treat me.
- Precise, perceptive and personable. Dr. Bell is a perfect example of what you want your doctor to be. I have 100% confidence in whatever he suggests or does with respect to my care.
- Dr Bell and his staff are the best. Dr Bell is very kind, very attentive to his patients. All of my questions were answered, and he even said if I needed anything please let him know. Once you’ve had Dr. Bell as your Doctor, you also feel as if you have a new friend for life
- Dr. Bell is a very good doctor. I have been to Dr. Bell twice for an injury and both times he offers expert care and knowledge about my injury. Made me feel I wasn’t beyond hope! This last time was troubling to me because I had no clue what was wrong. He checked my shoulder and gave me assurance that it was not a major issue and that it would get better with stretching, time, using it, and physical therapy helped also. . Great guy ﴾Dr. Bell﴿ I will recommend him to anyone that I know who has a sports injury!!
- was amazed how fast I was in and out of Dr. Bell’s office with the information I needed. Everyone was very nice.
- He is so kind and didn’t rush through the time with me even though he was running behind on his appt times; so I didn’t mind the wait at all. He was worth it.
- I was very impressed with Dr. Bell and his assistants. They were all very professional, thorough and friendly. It was a good visit!
Have already recommended him to others in my neighborhood.
- “Excellent physician. I was in terrible pain but the office was able to work me in. Dr. Bell explained everything to me and was very courteous. Also, I want to praise the office staff for coordinating with Dr. Bell to get me treated and my surgery scheduled.”
- “Dr Bell was very professional and had good communication techniques. He is very personable and kind. He has a very efficient and friendly staff as well.”
- “He was very honest and sincere on my condition —He did a complete review of my knee and told me all my options—He did an excellent job—I also would like to think the office for working me in so quickly since I was having so much pain from my knee—I called yesterday morning and they worked me in later that same day–“