A native of Chattanooga and graduate of Boyd-Buchanan School, Dr. Jason Robertson was a varsity soccer player at Lipscomb University in Nashville, graduating Magna Cum Laude, with a degree in Chemistry. His specialties include:
- Non-Operative Specialist
- Urgent Care Clinic Director
He attended Quillen College of Medicine at East Tennessee State University, where he received his MD, followed by a residency and a chief residency with the University of Tennessee Family Physicians at Erlanger Hospital in Chattanooga.
Board-certified in both sports medicine and family medicine, Dr. Robertson completed his Sports Medicine fellowship at the Alabama Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center under the tutelage of Drs. James Andrews, Larry Lemak and Tracy Ray. While in fellowship, he served as team physician for the University of Alabama Crimson Tide, the University of West Alabama, and the Birmingham Barons. He has also been on the medical staffs of the PGA Champions Tour, the Mercedes Marathon, the SEC Basketball, baseball and soccer tournaments, and at the Los Angeles Dodgers and Cincinnati Reds spring training.
He currently serves as team physician for the Chattanooga Lookouts, the Chattanooga Football Club (FC) and the Chattanooga Red Wolves. He is an Assistant Clinical Professor at the University of Tennessee College of Medicine and serves as the Co-Medical Director of the Graduate Athletic Training Program at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga.
A commitment to sharing his knowledge and skills has led Dr. Robertson to teach at institutions of higher learning such as the University of Tennessee, Samford University, Quillen College of Medicine Division of Medical Education, East Tennessee State University, and the University of West Alabama. He has presented both nationally and regionally on Sports Medicine topics and is an active member of the American Medical Society for Sports Medicine, where he holds a committee position, and the American College of Sports Medicine. Dr. Robertson is also the team physician for Boyd-Buchanan School and has served with medical missions in Haiti, Guatemala, Ecuador, Mexico, and Honduras.
Dr. Robertson enjoys golf, family and church activities. He, his wife and their five children and dog make their home in Ooltewah.
Learn more about your condition by viewing our patient education videos below.
- I went to the walk in clinic and fully expected to spend my day there waiting. I was in and out in no time! Fabulous from beginning to end. Very pleased! Definitely recommend.
- Dr. Robertson was very kind, professional, and helpful. I really appreciated his input and caring attitude. fabulous…he had me pegged in seconds…and I felt very much at ease…So thank you!
- Excellent bedside demeanor. Explained things thoroughly and did not appear to be rushed at all. Great experience with Dr. Robertson.
- Dr. Robertson has this unusual ability to give his full and undivided attention to his patients. Most doctors seem to just want to rush you in and rush you out but not Dr. Robertson. He takes his time and makes sure that his patient understands everything he’s explaining. That is an unusual quality and something that I find refreshing.
- I am highly impressed with him as a doctor. He takes his time with you and listens to you and will continue to see him in the future.
- Our family always sees Dr Robertson first with any new orthopedic issue arises. He’s excellent and we refer him often to others. He is the best!!!!
- It was nice to experience a physician who actually cares for his patients as a person and not only a patient.
- Dr Robertson had always been excellent in providing the utmost care to both of my children that are athletes. When I became the patient, he provided me with the same level of care he has consistently provided my children even though I am not an athlete. He is a very caring and attentive physician.
- I was very impressed with Dr Robertson! He is knowledgeable and was very helpful in making sure I could continue working as an athlete while taking care of my knee long term. I am especially thankful that surgery was offered only as a potential last resort and we have many options to try in the meantime.
- Dr. Robertson was so kind and professional. I’ve never broken a bone before so I was a little stressed and scared. We also are new to this area and didn’t know where to go but a friend recommended him. I’m very thankful the Lord led us to him before going to the ER or any walk in clinic. He was so kind and compassionate to me. I’m so thankful he was my dr. in such a traumatic situation.
- Dr. Robertson has treated both me and my husband and we are very pleased with his care! Plus he has a great sense of humor which we love! Wouldn’t want to see anyone else! Great person, Great Doctor.
- Dr. Robertson is one of the kindest, most concerned, knowledgeable doctors EVER!!!
- Amazing, efficient staff! Dr. Robertson was very thorough and effective.
- Dr. Robertson is an amazing doctor. He is very knowledgeable and explains everything to you.
- Dr. Robertson was so caring and kind. He even said he was sorry that it happened! Dr. Robertson was also very calm and respectful… He had wonderful bedside manner!
- He has made a huge difference in our lives and cannot thank him enough for the knowledge and support he has shown through a very trying time. We will send anyone we know to him as he truly cares about his patients!
- Dr. Robertson did very well with my young son. He listened to him and was very gentle. He did not get impatient when he started to chatter.
- Wonderful experience, great atmosphere, caring and compassionate service. Made me feel comfortable. Excellent care and physician.
- He is the most caring doctor I have ever met. He truly cares about your pain and procedure.
- I was very impressed with Dr. Robertson’s interactions with my child. He spoke directly to her. Asked her the questions regarding her pain. He even took the time to explain why she is experiencing the symptoms she is and showed her on her own ankle the issues. He took an eight-year-old dancer as seriously as an adult professional dancer!
- Jason Robertson is a very professional caring doctor. He spent the time with me that I needed to figure out the problem I was having, and his consult of the issue was explained well. His staff is also very professional and courteous.
- Dr. Robertson is truly one of the most compassionate professionals and makes one feel that their concerns are important to him as well. I would give him a rating higher than a 10 if it were available!!
- He was very sweet to my kids and made them feel welcome and not like a burden. That was just a bonus! He answered all my questions and clarified anything I didn’t quite understand. Thank you Dr. Robertson. You are the best!
- Excellent doctor, answered all my questions about my knee…. Very satisfied, and he will be my primary orthopedic doctor even though I travel 30 miles to his office.
- I love how clear he was and how genuinely concerned he was. He explained everything to my daughter in a way that she could understand and accept. He was absolutely wonderful!
- I was a first time patient and was very impressed with efficiency of the office the wait time the ease of being able to get in and see Dr. Robertson the day I needed him and his professional disposition during our visit. He immediately addressed my issue and I left with most of my pain gone. I will definitely recommend him to my family and friends.
- Dr. Robertson is always friendly, answers all questions, takes time with me, and is extremely knowledgeable. He is a great doctor.
- Dr. Robertson is very knowledgeable and communicates to the patient in a way that is easily understood. We always receive the best care from Dr. Robertson.
- Dr. Robertson has treated me, my wife and both my children. I trust him and would not want to see any other doctor about my family’s orthopedic needs without getting his expert opinion first. He is the best!
- This man has integrity and it shows. He is sharp, knowledgeable and willing to share. I appreciate the directness of his advice. I am clear on his assessment and direction for my problems. Thanks, Dr Robertson!!!
- I am Thrilled with the care I received. I have been in pain for over 6 weeks. I am somewhat better even after wearing the boot for one day.
- He is the best sports Dr I have seen, he knows the problem and offers best advice to take care of it.
- He is always patient and is very knowledgeable. I love the walk-in clinic. Dr Jason Robertson is a terrific doctor
- I have seen 3 other physicians in this practice but this was my first with Dr Robertson. I was extremely impressed with his demeanor, knowledge and empathy regarding my problem. He diagnosed my problem as a fractured ankle. I can honestly say that every experience. I have at this practice is beyond reproach from the persons on the phone to the receptionists, medical staff and physicians I feel there is a sense of professionalism and caring that is rarely seen in medical practices these days. Way to go!
- Very impressed. He seemed empathetic and explained things clearly. I have already recommended this clinic and this physician to others.
- Used walk-in clinic; pleasantly surprised with my care! the turn around time for relief was quick. THANK YOU Dr. Robertson!!!! We will definitely recommend you ALL to anyone who needs the service you provide there.
- Very kind and personable as well as knowledgeable. He was recommended to us by 3 different people and he truly lived up to my expectations. I was very pleased.
- It doesn’t matter what area of expertise we need, we always see Dr. Robertson first. We feel he will always fix the problem or get us to the right surgeon. We always recommend him to our friends or ball players we coach.
- “Dr. Robertson is very caring, Thoughtful and supporting physician. He listens to my needs and responds accordingly. That means a lot to me especially when I am in pain. Again, he is an excellent listener. GREAT PHYSICIAN!”
- “I was very pleased with care I received at this office and I will highly recommend this practice to all my friends and family”
- “Was very pleased with this visit; I received Excellent and friendly care from Dr. Robertson and all the staff.”