After practicing orthopaedic surgery in the Chattanooga area for many years, Dr. John Nash joined the Center for Sports Medicine & Orthopadics in August of 2013. His sub-specialty interests include hip and knee replacement, sports medicine, arthroscopy, and trauma.
Attending the University of Southern California for his undergraduate studies, he graduated Summa Cum Laude with the highest honors and awards including being tapped for Mortar Board, Skull and Dagger Society and the Order of the Palm.
He earned his medical degree at Harvard Medical School in Boston, Massachusetts where he cared for patients at the many excellent, affiliated hospitals throughout Boston including Massachusetts General Hospital, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Beth-Israel Hospital, Children’s Hospital Boston, New England Deaconess Hospital, and Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
Returning to University of Southern California + Los Angeles County Medical Center (Keck School of Medicine of USC) for postgraduate training, he was awarded the “Orthopedic Intern of the Year” as well as recognition for his extensive research. After completing his residency he found Chattanooga to be an ideal place to live. Dr. Nash currently serves on the Board of Directors of the Memorial Health Care System and chairs their Quality Committee. He is also past Chief of Staff and serves as Chairman of the Credentials Committee.
Dr. Nash and his wife, Susan, are blessed with six children. They enjoy spending time with their family, participating in their educational and sporting events and a variety of outdoor activities.
- Dr. Nash is a very caring, knowledgeable and empathetic doctor. He’s always courteous and takes time with me. I have no complaints about him. I love having him as my doctor and recommend him to everyone.
- Dr. Nash is the best doctor that I have dealt with in my life. Such great bedside manners, I have confidence in his knowledge and skill. I trust him.
- Dr. Nash is a very knowledgeable, caring and genuine doctor. One can tell he is very concerned about giving the best care possible to his patients. He is empathetic and goes out of his way to ensure in his soft spoken manner that he understands the problem﴾s﴿ of his patients, and that his patients are fully aware of all the medical options that are available to them. He is, quite frankly, the best doctor I have ever seen…and I have seen plenty of them
- Excellent physician, I have sent many family and friends to him for orthopedic problems. All swear by him. Not only an excellent physician, but an excellent person.
- He has best bed side manner of any doctor I go to. Plus he is personable, caring, concerned and makes you feel better although you feel really bad. I recommend him to anyone who says they have knee or joint problems. I just wish he was at the new N GA office some.
- Dr Nash is among the best doctors I have ever met. He treats his patients with dignity and deep concern. I would refer him to anyone needing care in his area.
- One of the most compassionate doctors I’ve seen in years. Would definitely recommend him to others
- I just can’t say Enough about Dr Nash. An incredible doctor and human being. I have complete faith and trust in him. He is one of the kindest people I have met. As I mentioned Bruce Weeks is also outstanding. My therapists, especially Ian, were great to work with. Always encouraging. All in all, my hip replacement was an incredibly wonderful experience
- He is a very excellent doctor and seems to love his patients. He is truly concerned about your problem.
- Best doctor I have ever seen!!! This was my first visit with Doctor Nash since he has been with Center for Sports Medicine & Orthopaedics, but I have seen him at other practices as far back as 1998.
- Prior to my visit, I had heard many wonderful things about Dr. Nash and the care he provides. I am pleased to say he met or exceeded my high expectations. Excellent doctor!
- Dr. Nash is an Awesome Doctor. He is extremely smart and knowledgeable and treats everyone with kindness and respect. Dr. Nash is THE BEST!!!!!
- I am very grateful to have a Dr. who is the caliber of John Nash both as a man and a Doctor!! I recommend him to all my friends.
- DR NASH IS THE BEST , HE CARES AND EXPLAINS EXPECTED OUTCOMES AND PROCEDURES , I WANT TO THANK HIM FOR HIS WONDERFUL CARE
- Excellent care from Dr. Nash. I especially like that he gives you options for your care, listens to your concerns and helps to reach a reasonable solution for the situation.
- Excellent person as well as Doctor. I would recommend him to anyone and everyone I know that need his specific skills !!!!
- Kind, gentle, caring, wonderful personality, cares about you and your wellbeing. Wants to have a positive result on you care and treatment.
- I cannot say enough about Dr Nash, Bruce Weeks. Dee, and all of the other nurses in the practice. My husband and I are proud to have the Center for Sprts Med and Ortho as our orthopaedic medical team
- Dr. Nash has an excellent reputation and came highly recommended. He certainly lived up to my expectations. Dr Nash is the only person I would see concerning my knee problems!!!!
- Dr. Nash made me feel very comfortable in describing the issues I was having. He listened and gave me sound advise, but allowed me to make my own decision. I feel like I am in good hands under his care.
- Dr. Nash has been encouraging from the beginning. he offered me other options besides surgery in our initial consult . When I said I had tried those options he was glad to do the surgery. I neither felt he was trying to talk me out of it nor push me into it. He is professional but very warm in his demeanor. I wish my primary doctor was like Dr. Nash
- He is a great and caring Doctor. He will talk as long as you have questions. Great person.
- Dr. Nash has an excellent bedside manner and immediately puts you at ease. I feel complete confidence that things will go well with him doing my replacement.
- Dr. Nash is the best, bar none! He genuinely cares about his patients. He takes time to build a rapport with you and makes sure that you understand and are confident in your care, diagnosis and surgical decisions. I also appreciate the fact that he is a brother in Christ. Everyone else I know that are patients of his absolutely loves him too!!
- Dr. Nash is an Awesome doctor and he is so helpful and kind to everyone, Dr. Nash is the BEST!!! I tell everyone that I meet about you.
- “Was an excellent visit. I feel very confident in his decision making. Everyone was extremely nice and very professional. Thank you!”
- “I don’t remember ever being so wonderfully listened to , cared for , professionally treated by any doctor previously in my life. Nash is the best!!!”
- “Dr. Nash was like a ray of warm sunshine. He was very personable, attentive and thoughtful. You don’t find many doctors like him. I can’t say enough positive thoughts about him. Excellent, caring and knowledgeable about me as a person and as a patient”