Todd Bell, M.D.
Todd D. Bell is a Chattanooga native, a graduate of the Baylor School and the University of Alabama. He earned his medical degree at the University of Alabama-Birmingham. As a student, he was honored by being awarded the Outstanding Medical Student of the Year at the Tuscaloosa Veterans Affairs Medical Center.
Dr. Bell served an Internship in General Surgery and his Residency in Orthopaedic Surgery at the Medical University of South Carolina. During his Residency, he donated his time and talents by traveling to Haiti, providing surgical care to a rural Haitians.
Dr. Bell completed a Fellowship in Sports Medicine and Traumatology at Lake Tahoe Orthopaedic Institute. It was then that he was recruited to come home to Chattanooga and join the Center for Sports Medicine and Orthopaedics.
Along with his practice of general orthopaedics, Dr. Bell is instrumental in our sports medicine program and has treated hundreds of student athletes from area high schools and colleges.
It’s wonderful to be back home where I can help students heal from injuries they sustain while playing sports. My goal for all of my patients is to see them kick field goals, hit home runs, and run harder and faster than ever.
- I feel that Dr. Bell has provided me with the best care I could have hoped for and am very happy that I was referred to the Center for Sports Medicine and Orthopaedics for treatment.
- Dr. Bell was very attentive and observant in the care the care of my son. He explained things thoroughly and communicated directly to my child and not through me.
- As this was my first visit, I can say that I appreciated the questioning to determine the extent of my injury. I also appreciate that he did not speculate on what could be wrong, but made arrangements for an MRI to provide additional information before determining a course of action.
- Dr. Bell is and will always be my number one choice. He’s very knowledgeable and makes me comfortable in the decisions that best fits my needs.
- I now understand why Dr Wolfe recommended Dr Bell. He has been outstanding in his knowledge and treatment. He’s treated me with the care, with which he would treat his best friend.
- I am very thankful to have visited Dr. Todd Bell. He made me feel at ease with my condition and was very clear in his explanation of treatment to follow. I will definitely recommend him to anyone in need of his expertise.
- Has very good bedside manner and was very respectful and took the time to explain to me what was wrong with my shoulder. I really like him and will recommend him to anyone I know.
- Dr. Bell was very professional and seemed concerned to my specific problem. I felt very comfortable with him and would see him again in a heartbeat!
- Very happy with the decision that I made to see Dr. Bell, and comfortable with the diagnosis, and explanation of what was wrong, and what was needed to correct the problem. I was equally impressed with Grace, and the other staff in their interaction with me, as well as all information given to me at the time.
- This is exactly the way a doctor and their staff should conduct their practice courteous, helpful, friendly and efficient.
- Dr. Bell is an outstanding doctor. He listens and responds to questions in such a way that is easily understood. I highly recommend him.
- Dr. Bell is so good about taking into consideration our schedules and desires to play sports when discussing treatment options. We appreciate that he listens to our concerns and plans before advising treatment options.
- Dr Bell always makes you feel like your particular issue is important to him. He listens, offers options and explains what to expect. I have recommended him to several people and will continue to do so
- Dr. Bell is excellent. He treated my wife a year ago for a torn rotator and was excellent with her. I met Dr. Bell then, and knew he is professional and caring. I didn’t have to think twice about who I would have take care of my shoulder. Thank you, Todd Bell.
- My visit with Dr. Bell is everything I hope for when dealing with a set of professionals. Dr. Bell explained everything very clearly and let me have options to my care.
- Dr. Bell is always pleasant and knowledgeable. He came highly recommended by my primary physician.
- Dr. Bell was extremely kind, patient and professional. He explained and discussed my condition in great detail answering every question I had. He made my visit comfortable and reassuring. I would recommend Dr. Bell to anyone who had orthopedic concerns. He quickly became one of my favorite physicians and I am confident in the care he provided.
- I would happily ﴾and actually already have﴿ recommend Dr. Bell. My daughter had had knee surgery. She is 15 and was very scared. He was so comforting, informative and always took his time to answer all of our questions and concerns and in a way, we could easily understand. I will always return to Dr. Bell for any further ortho needs for my family.
- I have had 3 successful surgeries with Dr Bell over the yrs. He is very professional and an excellent doctor.
- Dr. Bell has always been very professional and seems to truly care about your injury and how to treat the problem.
- Meant a lot that he used direct eye contact with my husband and I. He took his time to explain details even explaining my MRI. I have already highly recommended him to friends and I haven’t even had my surgery yet. I’m sure with this experience so far my surgery will be a success. Thank you so much Dr Bell and his nurses.
- Dr. Bell was a great doctor! He explained everything to me. He even apologize for the wait.
- Dr Bell’s nurse is absolutely the very best. Very personable, makes you feel like his only patient, great bedside manner
- Dr. Bell has always been courteous and helpful. He discusses your options and allows you to make decisions. Fantastic Doctor!. great mannerisms and easy to understand, also great staff
- He is the most caring doctor I’ve been to! He’s very professional and friendly.
- He listened to me and well addressed my reason for being there. I would highly recommend him to others.
- I like that he takes time to answer my questions and treats me respectfully. There is just a ‘niceness’ about him that I appreciate. I trust in his knowledge and ability to treat me.
- Precise, perceptive and personable. Dr. Bell is a perfect example of what you want your doctor to be. I have 100% confidence in whatever he suggests or does with respect to my care.
- Dr Bell and his staff are the best. Dr Bell is very kind, very attentive to his patients. All of my questions were answered, and he even said if I needed anything please let him know. Once you’ve had Dr. Bell as your Doctor, you also feel as if you have a new friend for life
- Dr. Bell is a very good doctor. I have been to Dr. Bell twice for an injury and both times he offers expert care and knowledge about my injury. Made me feel I wasn’t beyond hope! This last time was troubling to me because I had no clue what was wrong. He checked my shoulder and gave me assurance that it was not a major issue and that it would get better with stretching, time, using it, and physical therapy helped also. . Great guy ﴾Dr. Bell﴿ I will recommend him to anyone that I know who has a sports injury!!
- was amazed how fast I was in and out of Dr. Bell’s office with the information I needed. Everyone was very nice.
- He is so kind and didn’t rush through the time with me even though he was running behind on his appt times; so I didn’t mind the wait at all. He was worth it.
- I was very impressed with Dr. Bell and his assistants. They were all very professional, thorough and friendly. It was a good visit!
Have already recommended him to others in my neighborhood.
- “Excellent physician. I was in terrible pain but the office was able to work me in. Dr. Bell explained everything to me and was very courteous. Also, I want to praise the office staff for coordinating with Dr. Bell to get me treated and my surgery scheduled.”
- “Dr Bell was very professional and had good communication techniques. He is very personable and kind. He has a very efficient and friendly staff as well.”
- “He was very honest and sincere on my condition —He did a complete review of my knee and told me all my options—He did an excellent job—I also would like to think the office for working me in so quickly since I was having so much pain from my knee—I called yesterday morning and they worked me in later that same day–“