Justin Arnold has subspecialty training in hand and upper extremity surgery and has authored multiple articles, and presented at local and regional conferences. His passionate goal for his patients is to alleviate pain and restore function to the upper extremity.
A native of Chattanooga, Dr. Arnold continues a family legacy, as he returns to represent the third generation of surgeons in his family. Since he was a small child, he wanted to follow in the footsteps of his father who is a general surgeon, and his grandfather who was an ophthalmologist. He attended Furman University, where he was a member of the rugby team, and completed his studies with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English.
He subsequently attended Medical School at The University of Tennessee in Memphis. In the summer between his first and second year of medical school he traveled to Kenya and worked in a mission hospital, where he solidified his interest in Orthopaedics. While in Memphis, he met his wife Kelly. She also received her medical degree and is a practicing family physician. After graduating from Medical School, he returned home where he completed his Orthopaedic residency at the University of Tennessee College of Medicine in Chattanooga. Following his residency, he left Chattanooga one last time to perform his Hand fellowship at the Indiana Hand to Shoulder Center in Indianapolis. There he served as clinical instructor for Indiana University residents and conducted a research study on wrist reconstruction.
Dr. Arnold enjoys spending time with his family, mountain biking, and music. He and Kelly make their home in Fortwood, where they raise their three children, Vivian, William and Coleman.
Dr. Justin Arnold MD of the Center for Sports Medicine discusses trigger finger causes and treatm
Dr. Justin Arnold MD of the Center for Sports Medicine discusses carpal tunnel syndrome causes, s
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Christian Medical and Dental Association
- American Medical Association
- Chattanooga-Hamilton County Medical Society
- Tennessee Orthopedic Society
New patient paperwork is completed on our Patient Portal. Please contact our office for instructions and a pin number.
- Everyone on staff was very nice and professional from the receptionist, the nurse, x‐ray tech, and Dr. Arnold.
- Dr. Arnold is a great doctor. He is personable, understanding, caring, efficient, and effective. He reviews your background, listens well and works with you towards the best solution for your ailment or condition.
- I love Dr. Arnold! He is awesome!! Very nice doctor and is concerned for you! Very professional!! I would recommend him!!
- Dr. Arnold was fantastic and came across as knowledgeable and friendly. He answered every question I had, and I left feeling like I was in good hands. I had asked for recommendations on FB before my visit and a couple people suggested him – I’m glad I listened!
- Dr. Arnold is very nice, and he is very professional, I appreciate the time he took to explain everything to me so I could understand and took time to answer my questions. If I need him I can just him a call him. Dr. Arnold is a very pleasant person
- I have had nothing but excellent care with not only Dr Arnold for my rotor cuff repair, Dr Buchanan for repair to my foot and Dr Ballard for my full knee replacement. All three of these doctors are the best and I will recommend them to others. Thanks for being there and I will recommend you three to all who ask for orthopedics.
- Dr. Arnold and his staff were very courteous and professional.
- Dr. Justin Arnold is great. He explained everything to me clearly in a way that I could understand & know what to expect every step of the way. He has a very down to earth personality & asks me things are going at my job since my surgery. I would highly recommend Dr. Arnold to anyone. He is awesome!!!
- Dr. Arnold and staff take great care in everything they do. I have had 3 Surgeries and I have no doubt Dr. Arnold and staff are the best. I drive over a hundred miles to see them.
- Excellent bed side manner. Answered questions thoroughly and did not seemed to be rushing through our conversation. Excellent experience!
- Dr. Arnold spent quality time with me even though my condition was not complicated. He made me feel like I was important…very unusual for such a busy office!!
- I was impressed with all of the office staff also. Well managed practice.
- DR. ARNOLD TREATED ME LIKE A PERSON WITH A PROBLEM THAT NEEDED TO BE TAKEN CARE OF AND HIS ACTIONS WITH MY ARM WERE DONE IN A VERY PROFESSIONAL MANNER AND WHAT WAS DONE, WAS DONE WITH LITTLE OR NO PAIN. I AM GLAD THAT I MET HIM AND THAT HE WORKED ON ME. A VERY PROFESSIONAL DOCTOR,GOOD MAN.
- Nice job in recalling my previous visit; Very professional and very friendly staff
- Dr. Arnold performed two successful carpal tunnel surgeries and has consulted me on shoulder and bicep injuries. I would recommend him to anyone in need.
- Dr Arnold was very professional and spent the time to make sure he understood my issue. Very caring and personable. I highly recommend him.
- I was a little concerned at first because he looked very young to me and in my mind it signaled inexperience. That was not the case. I look forward to future visits.
- Dr Arnold answered all my questions and explained my condition and treatment options. He spent sufficient time with me and never seemed rushed or impatient. I highly recommend Dr Arnold
- Dr Arnold is a wonderful Doctor. I felt very good about the care that I received from Dr. Arnold. I would definitely recommend him to other patients!
- Dr. Arnold was quite pleasant to work with. He explained the upcoming procedure very well. I feel confident and comfortable utilizing him for my procedure.
- He discussed my condition, laid out the pros and cons of my alternative treatment plans. We developed a workable plan together. I continue to be very impressed with Dr. Arnold and his practice.
- Dr. Arnold is awesome! I couldn’t ask for a better doctor or experience
- “Felt very comfortable with his expertise. Very willing to consider my opinions regarding options to treat my problem. Will gladly see him in follow up and would clearly recommend him to any patient in need of his expertise”
- “Explains and takes his time with me! Dr. Arnolds staff was also excellent.”
- “Dr. Arnold has been excellent with my prior treatment and current surgery”